These certifications represent our QMS commitment and continuous improvement philosophy.
What is AS9100 Rev. D?
AS9100 Rev D is a widely adopted and standardized quality management system for the aerospace industry. Many Aerospace OEMs require this certification as a prerequisite to doing business. It was released in October 1999, by the Society of Automotive Engineers and the European Association of Aerospace Industries. AS9100 Rev. D fully incorporates all the ISO 9001 attributes, while adding the additional requirements for: design and development, operational planning and control, and risk management.
ISO (International Organization for Standardization) is a “Global network that identifies what International Standards are required by business, government and society, develops them in partnership with the sectors that will put them to use, adopts them by transparent procedures based on national input and delivers them to be implemented worldwide.”* The 9000-family of ISO certifications primarily focuses on the management of quality systems including:
- Enhancement of customer satisfaction
- Fulfillment of customer’s quality requirements
- Satisfaction of regulatory requirements
- Continuous improvement relative to quality management
Quality Assurance Capabilities
Alloy Precision Technologies continuously invests in process and equipment for quality assurance and validation. Some of our key capabilities include:
- Automated Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) and optical scanning
- Product qualification capabilities: APQP, FAI & PPAP
- NDT Level 1,2, and 3 inspectors
- Fluorescent penetrant inspections (FPI)
- Helium leak & pressure testing
- X-ray examination testing
- Cycle fatigue testing
- Spring rate testing
- MIL-STD 278 certification
Alloy Precision Technologies prescribes to the standards set by the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) boiler and pressure vessel code section IX, and American Welding Society (AWS) D17.1. All APT weld procedures and welders are tested and certified in accordance with internal processes that follow these standards.